arabic text in x3 solutions

Using Arabic Fonts in Curves..

Dear Sirs,
I've been using Corel DRAW for some time now, and although my use is somehow limited, I learnd some stuff, and to say the truth, I find the program interesting, but my problem is that I use Arabic fonts for graphic perpuses.
Till now, my way is to creat the paragraphs in word.doc, print it in PDF, save the PDF to *.ps (postscript) then import it to Corel (in Curves), and it is actually working great, but I only have two arabic fonts to use. All other fonts are rejected by Corel.
I already installed the fonts in Corel, and yes they are installed in Windows.
Please I need to enlarge my choices to some other fonts (arabic), please can you tell me how to enable these fonts through the same method I'm using, or if there is any other method to have the paragraphs written correctly in Arabic in a Corel Page.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium and Corel DRAW X3 English.

17 Replies - Latest Reply

  • Make sure you have Service Pack 2 installed on your computer for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 as we did enhance the support for the Arabic language with that version. You should be able to use any TrueType / OpenType Arabic font in CorelDRAW as long as they are installed on your computer and can use them with other programs such as WordPad.
    Gérard
  • In reply to Gerard Metrailler:
    Mr. Gérard,
    Thank you for your attention, I will do that now and I will try to solve the issue, and will reply to you soon.
    Thank you very much.
    Jinx.
  • In reply to Gerard Metrailler:
    Dear Gérard,
    I went to Corel.com and downloaded the hot patch1, CGSX3SP1, CGSX3SP2 and I started to install them, but I only could install the HotPatch1, as for the SP1 and SP2 I run the exe and recieve the message: The upgrade patch can not be installed by the windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may upgrade a different vertion !!
    What da HELL !!!!

    Help Please...
    Jinx.
  • In reply to jinx:
    Jinx,
    What is the full version number for your program (check the Help/About).
    Usually you get that message because your version is fully updated.

    I believe SP1 included the hot patch1, so if you don't have the latest
    version, you might try restoring your system to before the hotpatch
    installation and then try the SP1 install.
    Val P.

    jinx wrote:
    > Dear Gérard,
    >
    > I went to Corel.com and downloaded the hot patch1, CGSX3SP1, CGSX3SP2
    > and I started to install them, but I only could install the HotPatch1,
    > as for the SP1 and SP2 I run the exe and recieve the message: The
    > upgrade patch can not be installed by the windows installer service
    > because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch
    > may upgrade a different vertion !!
    >
    > What da HELL !!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > Help Please...
    >
    > Jinx.
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/3115/11180.aspx#11180
    >
  • In reply to jinx:
    This normally means that you already have Service Pack 2 installed... I know the message is a little confusing and hope we will have something better in the future.
    Gérard
  • In reply to Val P.:
    My full version is: 13.0.0.739 
    Does that ring any bell, and if this is the SP2, then my problem is not solved yet.
    Poor me. !!!
  • In reply to jinx:
    Yes, this is Service Pack 2.
    To confirm, you are able to use the fonts with other applications on Windows such as WordPad / Word?
    Gérard
  • In reply to Gerard Metrailler:
    Great, so now I'm supposed to be happy to know that I have SP2, but the issue is still not solved.
    I add that I tried yesterday to use direct Arabic inpur to Corel. After changing font and direction, I was able to write correct arabic inside a text box.. the problem is that once I finish and I convert to curves (as I explained later that I need the result in Curves) the sentences change and some letters disapear.
    This is a mess, I need to know a simple or complicated way to import documents (phrases) written in arabic (all windows fontes) to Corel in curves  !!
    Please if you can figuer it out, I would be thankful.

    Jinx.
  • jinx
    but I only have two arabic fonts to use. All other fonts are rejected by Corel.
    I already installed the fonts in Corel, and yes they are installed in Windows.
    Please I need to enlarge my choices to some other fonts (arabic), please can you tell me how to enable these fonts through the same method I'm using
    I think the fonts "rejected by Corel" are AXt Fonts, aren't they? CorelDRAW (and MS Office Word 2003) does not support AXt font format. I have posted a request for AXt Font Support.

    jinx
    the problem is that once I finish and I convert to curves (as I explained later that I need the result in Curves) the sentences change and some letters disapear
    Does the problem of letters disappearing happen with all fonts?
    If you use fonts like Tahoma or Arial, does any letter disappear when converted to curves?

    I think the problem is in the font you use; CorelDRAW uses the outlines contained in the font when converting it to curves. Sometimes you have to manipulate nodes manually after converting. You may need to select letters and reverse their curve direction using the shape tool (press the Reverse curve direction button on the shape Property Bar) as Arabic characters overlap.

    Sometimes I use the Weld command (instead of Convert To Curves) with Artistic Text (not Paragraph Text). Note that the Weld command converts the artistic text to one curve (e.g. if you have color variation within the text, you will get just one color when welded). It also takes a lot of time to process with large texts.

    CorelDRAW X3 has some problems with Arabic; problems you were not facing with CorelDRAW 11.

    Corel does not handle contextual forms of the Arabic characters properly. Sometimes when you edit Arabic text, Corel does not connect the additional letters with the old (all in isolated form), or types in a new font other than the selected. I need to copy all and paste into Notepad, copy from Notepad and paste back into CorelDRAW. More problems bubble up when using more than one font.


    [edited by: Ahmad Ajlouny at 12:33 (GMT -7) on Thu, Jan 10 2008]
  • In reply to Ahmad Ajlouny:
    Dear Ahmed,

    First of all, thank you for the great attention.As for the fonts, well as I mentioned earlier, I have two fonts that works perfectly (Akhbar MT, and Mudir MT) that are graphically similar, sometimes when it comes to small sentences, the (Andalus) works well too. Now other fonts (standard ones) like (Traditional Arabic, Deco Type Naskh, Microsoft Uighur, Monotype Kufi, even Simplified Arabic) they all give errors.Now I tried two ways, first:   -          Write in word > Print to PDF > Save PDF as PS (Post Script) > Import to Corel with curves.This way works great with (Akhbar MT, and Mudir MT) and sometimes with (Andalus). If I try with any other font, Corel gives me an error and simply imports nothing. The second way is:   -          Write in word > Print to PDF > Import to Corel with text.This way works great with with (Andalus), but the others starts to get some missing letters. If I try to import the PDF as curves, I will have nothing but white space. Probably you may think that I’m making a big issue out of nothing and that I have three fonts and that’s enough. Well my problem is that I work in this area, and graphically, I need to have a good range of choices for my clients, and this issue limits me too much. Anyway, I can see that I’m not the only one having this problem.Thank you very much.


    [edited by: jinx at 4:33 (GMT -7) on Fri, Jan 11 2008]
  • In reply to jinx:
    jinx
    Now other fonts (standard ones) like (Traditional Arabic, Deco Type Naskh, Microsoft Uighur, Monotype Kufi, even Simplified Arabic) they all give errors

    What errors? Errors when you import PDF or PS files with these fonts into CorelDRAW? Or you mean you can't use these fonts in CorelDRAW?

    Are the fonts you wish to use shown but grayed in CorelDRAW Font list in the Text Property Bar? Or you can't find them in the list?

    Install a new Arabic font in Window Font folder from Control Panel, and try to use it in CorelDRAW. And tell us what you get.


    jinx
    Now I tried two ways, first:   -          Write in word > Print to PDF > Save PDF as PS (Post Script) > Import to Corel with curves.This way works great with (Akhbar MT, and Mudir MT) and sometimes with (Andalus). If I try with any other font, Corel gives me an error and simply imports nothing.

    Please provide the error message you got.

    When importing PS files, font information is maintained only if the font was embedded in the original file before it was imported.


    jinx
    The second way is:   -          Write in word > Print to PDF > Import to Corel with text.This way works great with with (Andalus), but the others starts to get some missing letters. If I try to import the PDF as curves, I will have nothing but white space

    In both ways; importing text as Editable Text or as Curves, CorelDRAW needs the font used the PDF.

    If the font is not installed and not embedded, CorelDRAW will substitute that missing font and use the substitute to display the text or convert it to curves.

    I tried to import an Arabic PDF (printed from MS Office Word 2003); I found some missing letters and others in a wrong contextual form (e.g. the letter هـ (Ha) is always isolated ه).


    jinx
    Probably you may think that I’m making a big issue out of nothing and that I have three fonts and that’s enough. Well my problem is that I work in this area, and graphically, I need to have a good range of choices for my clients, and this issue limits me too much. Anyway

    It is a big issue. We need to find a solution… and Corel must enhance Arabic support.


    jinx
    I can see that I’m not the only one having this problem

    I do face some problems with CorelDRAW and Arabic, but not like the one you face. I can use Arabic language and fonts in CorelDRAW X3. I even use Arabic and English in the same text object. See attached; written, converted to curves, and edited in CorelDRAW X3.
  • In reply to Ahmad Ajlouny:
    jinx
    Now other fonts (standard ones) like (Traditional Arabic, Deco Type Naskh, Microsoft Uighur, Monotype Kufi, even Simplified Arabic) they all give errors

    What errors? Errors when you import PDF or PS files with these fonts into CorelDRAW? Or you mean you can't use these fonts in CorelDRAW?
    - Errors in both, If from PDF (some of the letterd disappear) if from PS (nothing appears) and yes I can write with them directly in Corel, but if I convert to Curves, some of the letters disappear.

    Are the fonts you wish to use shown but grayed in CorelDRAW Font list in the Text Property Bar? Or you can't find them in the list?
    - Some are gray and some are not, for ex: the Traditional Arabic is not gray, but if I write and convert to curves, I loose some letters..


    Install a new Arabic font in Window Font folder from Control Panel, and try to use it in CorelDRAW. And tell us what you get.
    -All the fonts are installed in the control panel...
     

    jinx
    Now I tried two ways, first:   -          Write in word > Print to PDF > Save PDF as PS (Post Script) > Import to Corel with curves.This way works great with (Akhbar MT, and Mudir MT) and sometimes with (Andalus). If I try with any other font, Corel gives me an error and simply imports nothing.

    Please provide the error message you got.
    - An error occurred while processing doc1.ps. The file cannot be opened.
    When importing PS files, font information is maintained only if the font was embedded in the original file before it was imported.


    jinx
    The second way is:   -          Write in word > Print to PDF > Import to Corel with text.This way works great with with (Andalus), but the others starts to get some missing letters. If I try to import the PDF as curves, I will have nothing but white space

    In both ways; importing text as Editable Text or as Curves, CorelDRAW needs the font used the PDF.

    If the font is not installed and not embedded, CorelDRAW will substitute that missing font and use the substitute to display the text or convert it to curves.

    I tried to import an Arabic PDF (printed from MS Office Word 2003); I found some missing letters and others in a wrong contextual form (e.g. the letter هـ (Ha) is always isolated ه).


    jinx
    Probably you may think that I’m making a big issue out of nothing and that I have three fonts and that’s enough. Well my problem is that I work in this area, and graphically, I need to have a good range of choices for my clients, and this issue limits me too much. Anyway

    It is a big issue. We need to find a solution… and Corel must enhance Arabic support.


    jinx
    I can see that I’m not the only one having this problem

    I do face some problems with CorelDRAW and Arabic, but not like the one you face. I can use Arabic language and fonts in CorelDRAW X3. I even use Arabic and English in the same text object. See attached; written, converted to curves, and edited in CorelDRAW X3.
     
    - Hope this will help some, thank you very much for your great attention.


    [edited by: jinx at 5:30 (GMT -7) on Mon, Jan 14 2008]
  • In reply to jinx:
     Friends...
    It's been a long time, but I'm back with great news for this issue.
    Here is the deal, I'm now using X4, but this solution works in all.
    To get the arabic text in curves using all the fonts you wish, all of them I mean!! and no errors what so ever.
    I simply discovered that the problem was related to the crappy Acrobat and not to corel. The PostScript that the Acrobat creats is not compatable with Corel, there for and for a rooty solution, I tried to get PostScript files without using Acrobat.
    It's simple, and here what you have to do:
    Install MS Publisher Imagesetter virtual printer
    To install the MS Publisher Imagesetter virtual printer, open the `Printers` settings folder, and click `Add Printer`. Select a local printer; since it is virtual, select the FILE: port. Specify `Generic` as manufacturer, and then you can choose the MS Publisher Imagesetter.
    This is a simple Vertual Printer that you can use directly from Word.doc or any other aplication, directly printing to your folder, then you will have to change the file from *.prn to *.ps and import it with Curves to Corel and Voala !!!
    Sure that the printer has some advanced properties that I did not check yet, but even without doing so, I was able to import 16 types of Arabic Fonts to corel..
    Hope this will help some solving this issue.
    Yours Jinx.
  • In reply to jinx:
    sir,i am use corel draw .i stay in muscat .i work one company for desinig.heare i use in arabic lanuage.that is a problem i tipe any arabic numbers but coming only english.i install allready arabic languages in my system.arabic letters no problem.pls help me any solution for this one thanking you
  • In reply to sirajabdulrahiman:
    Hello,
    OK, I will tell you a secret that will solve all your issues,This is the frute of years of investigation.
    ok, it's like this:

    Install MS Publisher Imagesetter virtual printer
    To install the MS Publisher Imagesetter virtual printer, open the `Printers` settings folder, and click `Add Printer`.
    Select a local printer; since it is virtual, select the FILE: port. Specify `Generic` as manufacturer, and then you can
    choose the MS Publisher Imagesetter.

    After doing that, you can use the fonts you like ( with tables and pics and what so ever ) all in word. just like if you are writing in word.. Once finished, print the word with MS Publisher Imagesetter virtual printer. name the file and place it as you like. Once done, go to Corel and import the same file (curves) and you have it att with HD resolution.
    Notice 2 things:
    1- You have to define the size of the work space in word to get the result correct in corel.
    2- After installing the MS Publisher Imagesetter virtual printer, go to printer properties, then to advanced settings and change (Minimum Font size to download) from 600 pixel to 1 pixel.
    That's it, and enjoy your work.

    Jinx.
    PS: what I give, is what others gave me before, so I'm still thankful.
  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    osun state history

    Josh, Hader, receives, mild, boos, in first, road, appearance, since, offensive ,tweets, resurfaced